code-server is VS Code running on a
remote server, accessible through the browser.
Try it out:
docker run -it -p 127.0.0.1:8080:8080 -v "$PWD:/home/coder/project" codercom/code-server
- Code anywhere: Code on your Chromebook, tablet, and laptop with a
consistent dev environment. Develop on a Linux machine and pick up from any
device with a web browser.
- Server-powered: Take advantage of large cloud servers to speed up tests,
compilations, downloads, and more. Preserve battery life when you're on the go
since all intensive computation runs on your server.
- 64-bit host.
- At least 1GB of RAM.
- 2 cores or more are recommended (1 core works but not optimally).
- Secure connection over HTTPS or localhost (required for service workers and
- For Linux: GLIBC 2.17 or later and GLIBCXX 3.4.15 or later.
Run over SSH
Use sshcode for a simple setup.
- Download a release. (Linux and
OS X supported. Windows support planned.)
- Unpack the downloaded release then run the included
- In your browser navigate to
Visit our enterprise page for more information about our