Performance - Website Performance
Performance Op utilizes opensource tools such WebPageTest and Lighthouse to check your website's performance.
WebPageTest is an open source performance testing tool, maintained primarily by Google. It consists of one or multiple servers that act as web browsing robots, visiting websites and automatically collecting data about the experience in the form of a detailed performance report.
Lighthouse analyzes web apps and web pages, collecting modern performance metrics and insights on developer best practices.
To run this or any other Op, install the Ops Platform.
Find information about how to run and build Ops via the Ops Platform Documentation.
This Op also requires API Key for WebPageTest.
- To Create one, visit https://www.webpagetest.org/getkey.php
- Set WebPageTest API Key to
WEBPAGETEST_APIKEYin team secrets by running
- Once you've set your API Key in secrets, the Op will skip API Key Prompt as it will automatically fetch the key from your team's secret storage.
ops run cto.ai/performance
/ops run cto.ai/performance
Running the Op gives you variety of locations/browsers/connection to select to test your website's performance.
- Prints a summary of WebPageTest analysis to your site
- Prints a link to lighthouse report to your website if your testing with Chrome
- WebPageTest offers a RESTful API for public use. Because it's a shared instance, usage is limited to 200 page loads per day — repeat views count as a separate page load
- Test results are only kept on the servers for 30 days
- Lighthouse report is only printed when user selects
See the contributing docs for more information.