- Updated On 11 Feb 2021
- 1 Minute To Read
What are CTO.ai Commands?
Commands are the simplest form of Automtation workflows on CTO.ai. They operate like CLI commands, which will also run in Slack. Commands are containers that allow you to build custom cloud-native workflows that can interact with any system, including ours.
Within each Command you will have access to our SDK, which allows you to manage secrets, read/write configs, read/write events, and even send us logs.
The SDK also has special features for interacting with users for input/output, and we'll take care of making sure that it works in your CLI and in Slack.
This saves you from having to spin up new servers and APIs. In its simplest form, Commands are an easy way to implement ChatOps.
The Most Popular Command Use Cases
Commands are designed for you to easily build any custom developer workflow on top of any existing system so that you can have a custom feeling PaaS. However, here are some common customer use cases that are popular and apply broadly.
- Deployment & Release Management
- Triggering interactive deployments from Slack provides transparency and avoids manual error.
- Provision a Testing Environment
- Managing infrastructure can be complicated, but when you use a Command you can make it easy for everyone.
- Manage Environment Cleanup or Sizing
- When you make it easy for anyone to create new environments, you also need to make it easy to clean up or resize existing environments to manage costs.
- Support Enablement & Incident Management
- Empower support staff with the tools they need to interact with systems and resolve customer issues easily.
- Generate a Custom Analytics Report
- Surface custom data to stakeholders in Slack without heavy-duty reporting software.
🚀 What's next?
- Build a Command
- Setup a Pipeline or Service
- Learn more about how Apps work
- Explore The Ops SDK to implement Secrets, Configs or Events.